Saturday, February 19, 2011

Conditioning



Today I decided to re-visit an old conditioning routine performed a little while back, here what was the comments I wrote about it then;

"legs hurt, shoulders hurt, lungs were on fire, one of the harder ones"

So I knew it'd be tough, also I only used a 20 kg KB because this was before our gym had 24 kg, which for a workout like this I'd normally use.

AMRAP in 20 minutes
2 Curtis P's - 95
5 Burpees
8 KB Swings - 20 kg
Score: 11 + 1 Burpee

Hyperextenstions - 3x10.....BW
Legs Elevated Ab move - 3x10 (per side)

6-10 minutes of stretching

Old score was 10 rounds even, so just over 11 rounds may not seem like a huge increase but when I finished the 10th rounds I checked and saw my time was 17:30, so if I look at it that way it's 2:30 faster, which I am happy with.  Oddly the burpees felt like the hardest one, I certainly pushed it to the max on this one, I still hate Curtis P's, I really really do.

For the record, a Curtis P is a hang squat clean (to parallel), front lunge for each leg, then push press, that all consitutes one rep.  2 reps is such a small number but each rep is 4 movements on it's own.

3 comments:

  1. Holy shit - I just searched for Curtis P on YouTube. If you ever ask me to do these it better be with an empty bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh you've already done them, this was the routine it was done quite a while ago.

    20 Tuck Jumps
    5 Curtis P's - 65
    20 DB Bench Press - (can't recall weight)
    5 CP's
    20 Burpee Box Jumps - 24 inch
    5 CP's
    20 Pullups
    5 CP's
    20 Travelling Lunges - 25s
    20 Tuck Jumps

    Look familiar, your time hovered around 20 minutes if I remember correctly, they certainly do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, doesn't ring any bells. But then I can't remember when I was run over by a car 18 years ago, either.

    ReplyDelete