Monday, December 6, 2010

Legs

Greg Amundson
My body was telling me to rest today, for whatever reason, but it was more rest my lower back.  I believe not doing strict overhead barbell pressing in a while, then doing it on Saturday left my lower back a tad sore, but nothing that will stop me from a workout, so I continued with legs.

DB Bulgarian Split Squat - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3........60, 65, 70, 75, 80

3 Rounds for time
24 Squats
24 Travelling Lunges (12 per leg)
24 Jump Squats
24 Jump Lunges (12 per leg)
Time: 15:02

Leg Press - 3x20........90 on all sets

Leg Extension - 3x25.......110, 125, 140

This was certainly a leg burner, part one went good but I know I could have kept going up in weights, which was nice considering I hadn't done that one in a little bit.  Part 2 was a big burner, lungs and legs, I know bodyweight leg movements are a bit of a weakness of mine so routines like that are good to do, plus it puts no load on my spine so my back gets a break.  I heard from a top of the line trainer how great the leg press is for leg development, and I never use it.  I kept it light today but after part 2 it certainly burned the quads in trying to get 20 reps on each set.  Good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment