Monday, December 13, 2010

Conditioning and New Program

Back into the swing of things, but a little something different.  I am going to change my workout regime to something I did before, Monday has been leg day for months but now it'll be different.  Before I was on a set day workout schedule, meaning each day of the week had a designated workout.  It's pluses are that it's a set schedule, which I like, plus I hate working out on Fridays and Sundays so I created a workout plan that had those 2 days as my rest days.  On the downside, if I miss a day (injury, illness etc) I would miss that workout for an entire week, unless I add it to my one off days, but then it could overlap with another workout, so it just gets confusing.

Now I'll be switching to a day 1- day 2- day- 3......and so on.  It's downsides are that I'll be working out on Sundays are Fridays some weeks, but I can get over that.  It's pluses are if I miss a day for whatever reason I can just bump the schedule back and don't miss that workout for entire week, just a single day.  The one I chose to do is as follows

day 1 - Legs (quad dominant)
day 2 - Upper Body Pressing (bench, overhead)
day 3 - Pulling (all pulling, deadlifts, pullups, rows)
day 4 - off
day 5 - conditioning
day 6 - off

And then repeat, day 1 and 2 are interchangable depending on how I feel 2 days after my conditioning day.  Today I felt like starting on day 6, so tomorrow will be off then will start on day 1.  Two part routine, part one was from crossfitfootball.

Complete 10 rounds:
Row for 1 minute, rest for 1 minute.
*Row for 1 minute as many meters as you can, rest one minute.
*Continue this cycle for a total of 20 minutes.
*Your score is the total amount of meters rowed - goal is row at least 3000 meters
*Penalty is 1 burpee pull up for every 5 meters under 3000 meters.
Score: 2860 metres

For time
50 Burpees
Time: 5:25

Damn I was close, 140 metres under, and technically it's only 19 minutes as the last minute is a rest minute anyways.  Oddly I had completely forgotten about the burpee penalty, and was going to do 50 burpees anyways, by the penalty standards I was only to do 28, oh well makes up for it being regular burpees and not burpee pullups.  Good workout my ass and quads were lit up, and 50 burpees afterwards was just mean.

2 comments:

  1. Burpee pull-ups? Is this something I have to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably not with me, I've only done them once a little bit ago, they aren't too bad but more conditioning than a exercise I'd throw into a back routine.

    ReplyDelete