Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Legs

Jeff Leonard
Today is leg day, I was tempted to rest, only because I twisted my knee on Sundays routine, not even during part 1 it was during the double under practise.  Twisted isn't even the right word, I more just stepped wrong so it was sore, but I decided to give my leg day a go and if it got worse I'd stop.

Travelling Lunges - 6x6......24 kg (used 2 kettlebells)

AMRAP in 12 minutes
5 Leg press - 270
8 Jump Lunges (8 per leg)
Score: 7 + 5 Leg Press

5 Rounds for time
5 DB Front Squats - 50s
10 Squats
Time: 6:54

Leg Extension - 3x25.......95, 110, 125

I felt my knee, but it didn't really seem to get worse so I saw no reason to stop.  What did hurt though was my quads, especially on part 2, so that's good.  I guess I couldn't stay away from loaded squats entirely, but with DB's it changes the load so it's not so much on your spine, so I knew I was good.  When I do go back to loaded squats, back and front, I think I'll still keep leg presses in it's a good exercise and I really feel my legs working.  My one calf muscle was sore today from Sunday, not sure why just one, makes certain exercises feel weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment