Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pushing

After a few clients back to back this morning I got my pressing workout for the day done with.  When my clients line up like that it's hard to get good food in me so my energy levels were a tad low.

Incline Rack Bench Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.........135, 145, 155, 165, 175

Incline Rack Bench Press - 30 reps at 135

4 Rounds for relative max reps
Handstand Pushups - 7, 6, 4, 4
Pushups - 14, 10, 8, 8

Dips - 3x10

I was surprised how much the incline rack bench press burned, part 2 really really hurt, but in a good way, first time ever doing that exercise.  Part 3 was untimed, not really a get my heart rate elevated kind of workout, I kept perfect form on all sets, the pushups I purposefully did slow and controlled, hence the low numbers.

2 comments:

  1. What do you usually eat for energy before a workout, and how far in advance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this case I had a protein bar, but was still sluggish throughout my workout, it was all I had access to. Usually something with natural sugars like bananas or grapes, or any fruit really seems to help me. Often I eat them right before my workout, in some cases I walk over between sets of the strength portion for a bite.

    ReplyDelete