Friday, December 17, 2010

Pulling

Shane P, another crossfitfootball star
All pulling today, but no deadlifts this time, rows and pullups.

Single Arm Chest Supported Row - 70(5), 80 (5, 5, 5, 5)

Wide Grip Pullups - 8, 7, 7, 8

20-15-10-5 reps for time
Chinups
Inverted Rows
Time: 12:51

DB Preacher Curls - 30s (5, 4, 4)

Damn wide grip pullups are much tougher than chins and regular grip pullups, I don't know why I got more reps on my last set, I guess I over paced myself.  Arms were really feeling it on part 3, pullups are just awesome, and again legs didn't move at all to take out any chance of kipping.

6 comments:

  1. Wait a minute - 20-15-10-5 reps for time
    Chinups and Inverted Rows; Time: 12:51?

    Does this mean that I beat you for the first time ever? http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2010/12/upper-body.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yes you beat me, you've beaten me on other times before, only the BW workouts though, remember I weigh 45 pounds more than you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on a sec: "you've beaten me on other times before". When? You bloody kept that quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh I didn't think it was a big deal, and I don't remember probably a bodyweight leg one. Look at 2 crossfitters, Speal and Orlando, who happen to weight what we weigh, Orlando has much more muscle than Speal, but could not beat him at bodyweight workouts, throw weighted exercises in there and it's a different story, Orlando has more muscle but when he has so much more mass to move around the strictly bodyweight stuff he may lose his edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care if it was bingo - I'm just shocked I beat you at something!

    ReplyDelete