Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Legs

Pete Maxwell
Lower body quad dominant pushing day, or better known as leg day.  Didn't feel like going heavy today, and wanted to try the leg press again, so it's a high intensity workout.

10 Rounds for time
10 DB Travelling Lunges - 50s (5 per leg)
10 Jump Squats
Time: 18 minutes

AMRAP in 12 minutes
Leg Press - 180
Score: 80 reps

3 Rounds
20 Leg Extensions - 140
6 Broad Jumps

Part 1 I kept changing, first it was just going to AMRAP 15, but then I was in mid lunge rep on round 8 when 15 minutes hit and decided to keep going, 9 rounds is just a weird number so I went on till 10.  100 lunges with the 50s and 100 jump squats sucked, lunges luckily were unbroken.  Part 2 was kind of fun, it was broken into sets of 10, but the sets kept getting longer after 30 reps.  Part 3 was untimed, the broad jumps I focussed on max distance, so I reset between each rep and really tried to explode far.  I dislike working legs early in the morning, but also very glad when it's done.  After the workout a had 2 bowls of spicy chipotle chili, corn, black beans, and lots of ground beef :).

No comments:

Post a Comment