Sunday, December 26, 2010

Conditioning


Despite being tempted to workout yesterday, a rest day was appropriate, today was a plyometric day, well more plyometric.

For time
10 Burpee Broad Jumps
40 Box Jumps (24 inches)
10 Burpee Broad Jumps
40 Bench Supported Lateral Jumps (40 per side)
10 Burpee Broad Jumps
40 Over the Bench Jumps (40 total)
10 Burpee Broad Jumps
40 Jump Lunges (40 per leg)
Time: 21:15

Afterwards I performed some double unders practise, my legs felt very heavy after the above so it didn't go so well, I could string about 20 at a time together.

Part 1 was very challenging, gave me the firebreather effect, which is that dry burning sensation in your chest during and after the workout.  All exercises but the burpee broad jumps and jump lunges were done off the 24 inch step, which is 10 risers plus the step itself.  Over the bench jumps were different, it's how it sounds you jump right over the bench, turn around and do it again, so no contact with the bench itself.  I was very winded but it felt good to workout after a fun filled Christmas day, fun of course meaning filled with unhealty treats.

1 comment:

  1. Guess you were bored today, too! I was sitting around at home feeling restless this afternoon. I could have read a book, watched tv, or played FIFA on my old Gameboy Advanced, but felt like doing something a bit more challenging. Not as bad as you, though! http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2010/12/chest-and-traps_26.html.

    I thought you didn't like training on a Sunday? Feeling guilty about the "unhealthy treats"?

    I like your plyo routine and I might give it a try myself this week, but there's no way I'll be attempting the Over the Bench jumps at 24 inches! Maybe with a standard bench instead.

    ReplyDelete