Thursday, November 29, 2012

Full Body

Talk about hitting full extension (bonus if you know what I mean by that)

So this week I started a new job, one that may leave my other security job a goner, but either way it started me out at full time and on nights, midnight to noon was one long ass day, it was hard to adjust to it being I found out the day of.  So my workouts took a back seat, but back at it today.  It felt awesome I because I'll be busier going back to my slightly older style program makes more sense to me.  I tackled an old one, and I had one goal in mind, shatter my old time, not beat it by a bit, but kill it.  I changed the variables in my benefit, last time the deadlift bar was iron plates (no dropping) and smaller than usual, today was bumper and regular size.  All the rest was the same, my old time being 21:20

10 Rounds for time
15 Deadlifts - 135
15 Pushups
Time: 15:23

Neutral Grip Pullups - 10, 8, 7
Dips - 12, 11, 9

Holy shit did I kill it, almost exactyly 6 minutes faster, funny too because last time I did this I wrote that the pushups weren't broken, today they were around the middle rounds, I guess the deadlifts were a lot harder last time and that forced longer time between the pushups.  It hurt a lot, but not where I expected.  The grip, the hamstrings, the upper back, the triceps and chest all hurt, but at 4 round I think my quads cramped something fierce and didn't fully release till....well half way through the pullups and dips.  I know you use your quads on deads but they are far from the dominant movement.  This new job has me going up I think a million sets of stairs every shift, so perhaps my quads were just drained.  Either way, I'm stoked about the time, and the feeling as adjusting to nights at the last minute didn't work and I have barely slept all week.  The pullups and dips were to add something more.  Good feeling!

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome improvement, especially as you were half asleep! Great achievement.

    So, what's the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and I got full time at the new courthouse for now, it may affect some sessions, this weekend is actually okay but hopefully we can discuss some options then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats - that sounds like a cool job, despite the weird hours. I have a busy week, so my own training sessions might be at inconsistent times, which means that I probably won't be able to commit to training with you at a specific time during the week. Our regular Saturday should be fine, though.

      Delete