Thursday, November 8, 2012

Measurements


Today I decided to do my measurements again.  Something I haven't done in two years, so this was going to be interesting.  I've come a long ass way from the 135 pounds weak as shit couldn't do a single dip I used to be when I started working out.  I'm proud of where I have come, but still feel I got some work to do.  Being I have been at this for so many years progress is much slower, I gain wait as fast as a snail crawls across your window.  Luckily in two years there is a difference, below I'll post my current measurements and weight and in brackets post what I was at the end of 2010.

Weight - 190 (177)

Shoulders - 52 (49)
Chest - 43 (42)
Stomach - 34.25 (32)
Right Arm - 15 (14)
Left Arm - 14.5 (13.75)
Right Leg - 24.5 (22.5)
Left Leg - 24.5 (22.5)

So 13 pounds ahead, I'm pretty pleased with that, it seems to take my a long ass time to put weight on my lanky frame.  It usually seems to go no where and then all of a sudden I gain 5 pounds, it's random, but 190 is of course the most I have ever weighed, closing in on that 200 pound goal.  Based on the training I did this past little bit, and the fact that I had an elbow injury that prevented almost all chest work for I believe up to 6 months, I shouldn't be too surprised it only went up one inch.  Having said that my chest has always been a week point, my barbell bench simply sucks.  On the plus side, when I wasn't working my chest, I was doing loads of olympic lifting and deadlifts and squats, so my legs took a beating, and rightfully so they went up 2 inches each, that even surprised me I was very pleased.  I was also happy with the 3 inch add to my shoulders, olympic lifting also helped there, 255 overhead would help but that's also due to a lot of back work.  My arms went up an inch (almost on the one side) which sounds about right, stomach up too but being my midsection looks exactly the same I think it was more my lower back muscles.  Happy with results, even though it's been a while.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how that picture applies to your post, but thanks anyway!

    Do you still have my measurements in my file? I'd be interested to know how much I've changed, particularly over the past year since my diet has switched to Paleo-ish.

    ReplyDelete