Saturday, November 3, 2012

Upper Body


My core is nice and sore today, I love the feeling being I never do it so I'm not used to being sore.

Smith Machine Bench Press
120x10
170x6
190x5
210x3
210x2

Pause Technique
Hammer Strength Bench Press
180x8-4
180x8-4
180x8-2

Incline DB Flies
50sx8
55sx8
60sx8

Preacher Curl with hold - 3x10...60

The pause technique works like this, do a set close to failure, in this case 8 reps per set (it was pretty much failure by the third set), you then rest 12 seconds and complete a few more.  It's a good strength and hypertrophy technique, essentially I was doing 12 reps per set (10 on the last one) with a weight where no way I could get 12, so a form of an extended set.  I had no spot on the smith machine bench press odds are I could have gotten a third rep on that 5th set.

2 comments:

  1. Why did you use the Smith machine for bench presses? What's the advantage of that over the way we usually do them?

    Oh, and nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really just to change things up. Regular bench you need more stability, so you work more muscles, but this way allows you to just focus on the weight.

    ReplyDelete