Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pushing


Pushing today, and a new version of an exercise I love to hate.

Rack Bulgarian Split Squats (11 holes)
95x3
115x3
135x3
145x3
155x3

Rack Bench Press (smith) - 120x10, 140x10-10-10-10

Pushdowns - 70x15, 90x15-15

Most people know what bulgarian split squats are, rack is pretty self explanatory if you know what rack squats are.  I started at the top and lowed down to the 11 holes (12 seemed too high), reset and then stood back up, the main thing to mention is that you STOP on the pins, not touch and go that in easier and a different exercise.  I like this exercsie I really felt my quads and glutes working.  I was getting a bit sick of cables so I wanted to try some bench press, I opted for the smith machine and rack style, this time starting from the bottom, it felt about the same as when I do 8 holes on the power cage.  It felt nice to do some bench press again, even if it wasn't horribly heavy (not horribly light either).  I did feel my elbow a tad, but not much so maybe bench can slowly make it's way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment