Saturday, March 10, 2012

Full Body


Decided to try a snatch conditioning workout inspired by the crossfit open workout 12.2, and one similar to one I made my client do in the morning, but with some changes.  He did this exact workout with cleans (same weights and all), I wanted to see how fast I could get through the first 3 rounds.

For time
30 Hang Snatches - 45 pounds (bar must start at or below knees)
30 Snatches - 75 lbs
30 Snatches - 95 lbs
Time: 10:00

Low Bar Back Squats
185x5
205x5
225x5
245x5
245x5

So technically I was slower than my client, as he complated the first 3 rounds in just over 8 minutes, but he used cleans, and I'm taller :).  Hah either way I wasn't really competing, the workout was tough my upper back and grip was slowing me down, the round at 95 pounds sucked, 95 never felt so heavy, my max power snatch (what I used for every rep) is 145, each one felt about that heavy.  Because it simply says snatch, not power or split or squat, that means you can do any style, at these weights power snatches or muscle snatches are the quickest.  The low bar back squats felt good I felt strong on those, most I had ever done was 255 for 3, so 245 for 5 I felt was an improvement.  There's a change I could have gone heavier for my last set but I wanted to focus on good form.

A video of most of the snatch workout the last 3 sets of the squats can be found on my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/paul771771/videos

2 comments:

  1. Shit, you beat me by 30 snatches @ 95lb, so why the hell are you using your height as an excuse? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I compare it to the workout you did on Thursday, then ya I win, but if I compare to the workout you did yesterday (which is more fair) then you win.

    I only mention my height as that bar has to travel so damn far.

    ReplyDelete