Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pushing

Camille Leblanc-Bazinet
It's been a while since I did straight up front squats, opting for speed, partial, 1 and 1/2, and pause instead.  The main reason is because I do more front squats more than any other leg exercise, even with me cutting back on them a bit they still remain close to the top of my most performed exercises, behind only pullups, cleans and deadlifts.  Today going for 5 sets of 5 to see if I can hit my old max of 215.

Front Squats
135x5
155x5
175x5
195x5
215x5

Superset
Cable Fly - 50x10, 60x10, 70x10-8
Cable Bench Press - 50x10, 60x10, 70x5-4

Alternate Set
DB Lateral Raises - 3x10......25
Pushdowns - 3x20........60, 60, 70

So I was able to match my old weights, and they felt pretty good too I maybe could have gone heavier.  The cable superset seems to be how much pain can I endure, it burns the chest muscles like crazy.  I have a video of the last 2 sets of front squats, my form seems solid, full range of motion (unlike most) and elbows up (minus the last rep at 215 a bit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqI86IUWorY&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1&feature=plcp

2 comments:

  1. You've commented in the past that your height on some exercises is a disadvantage when compared to someone who's a normal height - like me(!). Do you find that squatting hamstring to calf is one of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately, being taller makes most exercises a disadvantage as the bar has to move a greater range of motion, one exercise I do have an advantage on is wall balls....oh yay for me.

    I've worked on making sure I achieve proper depth and keeping my heels down.

    ReplyDelete