Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pulling

Annie Thorsdottir
Some pulling today, it wasn't easy to find something on me that wasn't sore.

Clean Complex (3 Power Cleans + 3 Hang Power Cleans)
135
155
165
175
185

Superset
Wide-Grip Pulldowns - 120x10, 130x10, 140 (7, 7)
Chinups - 6, 4, 3, 3

EZ Bar Curls - 70 lbs (8, 6, 10)

That's a new clean complex, it went well but I tried using straps for the first time ever on cleans.  The straps I used I don't really like but it made catching the bar in the front rack position more difficult, but it did help me hold onto the bar easier as I didn't want my grip to get in the way here.  Back when I started doing cleans again I could just barely do 175 for 3 reps from the hang, I had to use poor form, so today doing 185 for 3 AFTER doing 3 power cleans is more proof of how my olympic lifting has improved.  The superset made my chins drop like a rocket, I felt like I weighed 300 pounds on the chinups.  For the curls I changed the style I used, hence the weird rep scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment