Friday, March 2, 2012

Pushing


Pushing day, haven't done one of these in a while.

Split Squats
135x5
155x5
175x5
185x5
195x5

Push Jerk - 3x10........115

Cable Fly with Hold (after each set hold contracted position for as long as possible.
50x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

Overheard Rope Extensions - 50x20, 60x16 - 12

The split fired my ass up pretty good, my quads as well of course, I haven't done these in a while but I enjoyed a heavy single leg movement again.  The set at 195 was better than the set at 185, I lost my balance a few times on that set, 195 was however very heavy.  The push jerks continue to improve, 115 for 3 sets of 10 was again a little close, but still not too bad, I might lower the reps soon.   The flies hurt, but the extensions I felt solely in my triceps, that's what failed not my elbow at all.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, and absolutely love your honesty. Seems even the super human can acknowledge when it burns. I recently came across something called Power Press which is a full body core work out. This also burns, and it burns good. It has a handy push up bar system that is pretty unique and gets the job done. Thought I would share since you are obviously focusing on the entire body!

    ReplyDelete