Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Random

Muscle Fibres after intense workout
No workout today, just random post, wanted to mention that today it's hard to find muscles that aren't sore on me, gladly my lower back isn't really one of them.  My quads, chest, lats and glutes a little are standing out the most, I even made sure I paid more attention to stretching.  I accidently bumped into a bench today with my quad, a very light tap but damn that quickly reminded me how sore they still are, damn that leg routine was Sunday.

Also I ran a client through my 12 days of Christmas workout, found here;

http://paulsfitnessblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-8-2011.html

His final time was 40:19, which is 35 seconds quicker than mine.  This guy is an interesting client, he's 6'3 and 225 pounds, stronger than me but also loves to run and can run farther than I can so his aerobic capacity is really good as well.  I thought he'd beat me by more than 35 seconds, but he was none too pleased with me after the routine was over it was certainly tough.  I kind of it like when clients beat my scores on various workout, shows where my weaknesses are.  Also, one of my female clients performed this routine today;

http://paulsfitnessblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/december-26-2010.html

Her time was 18 minutes and something, she puts most males to shame and has a great aerobic capacity, but c'mon it's a girl, she didn't like that I used the same height on the box level that I did for myself, I didn't like that I got put to shame by a girl haha.

3 comments:

  1. I saw your female client's workout this morning. Her over the bench jumps were incredible - she made it look easy. Total respect! I definitely need to work on jumps at that height. And to think people are shocked when I try box jumps to 24"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Tina, the male client I mentioned in this post is actually her husband. She is incredible though, I got her clean and jerk to 100 pounds for 3 reps, she is certainly making a case for the strongest female in the gym plus she looks great I am very proud of how well she's done. Plus she's the first female client I've used a 24 inch box for, she wasn't happy with me about it but she certainly got the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She might not have been happy with you, but I bet she was pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete