Saturday, January 22, 2011

Legs


Today I decided to go heavy on front squats again, been a while with all the damn issues with my back, but I wanted to give it a go today.  I should also mention that today the squats were to just above parallel, or to 7 risers.  I squatted this way for years before when I hurt my back and ass to grass wasn't going to happen, I just stuck with this way.  I think I may rotate back and forth between ATG and to just above parallel, this way is a good way to really load up on the quads.

Front Squats - 10 sets, here's how it broke done
135x10
155x8
175x6
195x4
225x3
225x3
225x3
135x12
135x12
135x12

AMRAP in 10 minutes
12 Squats
12 Lunges (6 per leg)
12 Jump Squats
12 Jump Lunges (6 per leg)
Score: 4 rounds

Leg Extension - 3x20.......140

10 sets was great, I decided to go all out first time back, knowing it could completely turn on me.  The good news was my back held up fine, the 3 sets of 225 I had to focus on keeping my midline stable, the bad news is my legs hurt...well duh!  I have squatted 275 that style before so obviously taking the time off affected that but I know it will build back up.  My legs were very heavy going into part 2, which is normally AMRAP 20 and double the reps of the exercises, but 10 sets of squats took about 40 minutes (after proper warmup and all) so the last 2 parts had to be short.  They burned like crazy nonetheless......awesome!

3 comments:

  1. You've ruined women for me! My first thought when I looked at the picture was, "Wow - great quads!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was your first thought....I think it was my second lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I asked Chris about doing a breast cancer fundraiser along the lines of Barbells for Boobs she said that she wanted to use a different name for the event so that it was unique. She suggested: "Ask Paul to think of a name. He likes boobs."

    ReplyDelete