Friday, January 28, 2011

Legs

Dave Lipson
An early morning(ish) Friday leg workout, I don't like working out Fridays anyways, let alone early and on leg day, but it feels all the better when I am done.

DB Bulgarian Split Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.........65s, 70s, 75s, 80s, 85s

Front Squats - 135 (8, 7, 6, 6, 6)

5 Rounds for time
10 Travelling Lunges - 50s
10 Jump Squats
Time: 7:30

Leg Extension with 5 second negative - 5, 5, 5.........110, 125, 140

That feels awesome when it's done, the split squats got real heavy on the last set, never done 85s before.  The front squats were different than normal, still atg squats, but I wanted to try a clean grip.  The difference between a clean grip and cross armed grip is pictured below.  They felt pretty good, but I could definately feel the difference, I probably could get more reps had I done this with a cross grip, but it felt nice to try a different style.  Last time I did part 3 I got 7:11 but missed the first round so it was 4 rounds in 7:11, pretty sure my time today would beat that if I knew how long 5 rounds took me then.


Clean grip vs cross armed grip


1 comment: