Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conditioning (Birthday workout)

Greg Amundson doing below workout
Birthday workout, damn it sucked, it's what I call SMMF.....which stands for "same movement mother ________" you can fill in the rest.  So the entire workout was one movement.  I picked a crossfit classic called G.I. Jane, which is as follows;

For Time
100 Burpee Pullups
Time: 18:23

The requirements for the workout as chest must hit the floor and chin must clear the bar, the only place I could do this was under a 8 foot high bar, which in the only video I've seen of someone do this workout was the height they had too.  My shoulders were lit up, I got 15 done at first then broke them up into slow sets of 10 until 85 then did a brutal set of 15 to close it out.  First 50 done in 8:15 so my second half wasn't terribly slower than my first.  Either way it was tough, one movement for 18 plus minutes becomes very mental, but I am glad it was over.  Now to enjoy the rest of my birthday!

7 comments:

  1. 18 minutes and 23 seconds? That's all you did on your birthday? How come I had to do all this? http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2010/10/birthday-workout.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either this guy is really tall or the bar is much lower: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwhJKIFyIgw. I'd give this a go if I could just reach up for the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should do the workout, see how you feel after 18 plus minutes of one exercise. Trust me I'd rather do your birthday routine 3 times before 100 burpee pullups again. Don't judge how hard a workout is till you try it.

    On a side note, this was between clients so I had limited time, I needed to leave enough to shower for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you had plenty of time this morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any way of setting this up so I can do it? i.e. not having to jump too high for the bar?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm, hard to say, the only thing I can think of is to put the safeties as high as they can on the power cage and use the barbell for pullups. Might have to add some weight to it so it doesnt move around, we can test it out next time your there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was worth it just to see the look on Eric's face! http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2011/02/conditioning.html

    ReplyDelete