Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Full Body


Took the first routine from my client but scaled up a bit, death by deadlifts....how can I not try a routine that indicates death with 2 words.

Death By Deadlifts at 225
11 rounds completed plus 5 reps

Pulldowns - 3xmax reps at 120.......10, 8, 8

Pushups - 3xmax reps........25, 20, 18

So clearly a shorter a routine, but tested out my elbow a bit today with my brace, which I found a tad uncomfortable.  The pulldowns and pushups both activated my elbow but neither hurt for much or for long, typing this now I feel nothing.  I will slowly put upper body stuff back into my routine.....very slowly.  The death by deadlifts was what I expected, easy at the beginning then got nice and hard.  I'm surprised I got 11 rounds completed, and I mean I JUST got 11 rounds completed, I must have been at 59 seconds when I got that 11lth rep., I know I was at 8 reps at 53 seconds.  After that I managed 5 reps, these deadlifts were done without straps so I used a mix grip and were from the ground, it was very tough but 71 total reps at 225 made me happy.

2 comments:

  1. 11 rounds of deadlifts?! Bloody hell! Good job, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, it was actually kind of fun I enjoy these death by's.

    ReplyDelete