Monday, September 12, 2011

Full Body


Today wasn't a long one, but also a sorta test my elbow as I ventured away from squats and deadlifts, I'll post the outcome after.

Death by Power Clean at 135
9 Rounds completed plus 4 additional reps
*Perform one power clean the first minute, 2 the second minute, 3 the third minute, continue as long as possible until you cannot complete the required number of reps in the minute.

Black Band Assisted Pistol Squats - 5x5

Hang Power Snatch - 4xmax reps at 95........10, 9, 8, 9

The outcome, I still felt my elbow, which annoyed me a bit but it wasn't really a pain, just that slight numb feeling and I was aware that it was different from how it should feel, but no pain.  Nevertheless because this didn't really involve much in the way of upper body work I will do a week similar to last....yay more time to improve my deadlift and squat....umm ya good news -_-

Now to the workout, death by's is a crossfit workout you can do for anything, today I picked power cleans with 135.  Son of a bitch that was hard, my lungs and grip and a few other things were on fire, I just, and I mean within seconds to spare completed the 9 reps in the minute, so I plugged away and got 4 but I knew I wasn't going to get 10.  49 totals reps in 10 minutes, it starts easy but gets hard fast.  The pistols I suck at, as pictured above so I used a black resistance band which helped me with balance, allowed me to sick back and the standing up itself.  I did get full range of motion each time, I want to be able to do pistols free style in time, I know this is a exercise not friendly to the tall lifter.  The snatches went well too, it's where I felt my elbow the most but I kept a good pace.  Good workout for what it was none the less.

2 comments:

  1. I remember a video of Mikko doing a "death by" workout some time ago, but I can't remember what movement he was doing. And I think I remember doing a chin-up version in my basement waaaay back. Ever done one with more than one movement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His was clean and jerks at the same weight, got to round 14 or something rediculous. I have only done this with pushupsx2, strict pullups and now power cleans. The way you linked in yuor blog I haven't done for a while, it was power snatches for an every minute on the minute, different than what I did today but still tough.

    ReplyDelete