Friday, September 23, 2011

Update

Saw the doctor today, his diagnosis was a mild case of elbow tendonitis, which actually surprised me a bit.  I do have a brace that I will wear and see how that feels, but I really am not too worried about it.  Since working out seriously I have had tendonitis in both my knees, both has cleared up.  It got really bad in my left knee when I was in college, my right knee followed shortly after I graduated, on the rare occasion I will feel my right knee but my left knee (which was the bad one) hasn't affected me at all.  My back has gone out multiple times, I have pulled my hip, sprained my wrist but have been able to get by them all, so I will get by this minor case of elbow tendonitis too.  I wasn't sure if he'd be able to make me feel it as I didn't feel it before the appointment, he grabbed a certain spot and yup.....there it was.  I will stick with some lighter cable work and my usual deadlifts and squat this coming week, then go into some free weight stuff later on depending on how I'm feeling.  The best way I made the others go away before was to listen to my body, if I want to train into my old age I got to stay smart and like my work shirt says, "leave your ego at the door".

No comments:

Post a Comment