Friday, September 9, 2011

Update

I was wondering if my workout on Wednesday would come back to bite me in the ass, yesterday it did not appear to be an issue at all, this morning was a different story.  Deadlifts and back squats, heavy weights but not so low on the repititions, happy but now my back is sore.  When I say sore I mean just that, sore, it's not out, it's not injured and nothing is spasming....but those could all become true if I did another squat/deadlift day.  So I'll probably do it tomorrow and start some upper body stuff on Monday to see how my elbow feels.  It feels better now but still there, it's weird a long time ago I re-arranged my elbow and needed to keep it in a sling for just over a month.  I was maybe in grade 8 when that happened, while I have a hard time believing it's related to that, the pain is radiating directly out of the point when my elbow is still differently shaped from my other.  Odd, maybe sometimes old old injuries do come back.  Ah well, even if it's bothers me still I can still do squats and deadlifts, the 2 lifts that work the most muscle groups in the entire body :).

4 comments:

  1. Ouch - sounds like you're falling apart in your old age! Of course, I'm not a medical expert, but I'm pretty sure my lower back problems are because of how I lifted a heavy desktop printer about 20 years ago. Kids like you won't remember this, but those printers were frigging huge and heavy, and I lifted off the ground by bending my back, not my legs. If only I'd known how to deadlift back then! To cut a long story short, I'm suggesting that an old injury can suddenly reappear.

    Don't make the same mistake as me and let your ego rule your head - take it easy if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like the trainer here haha. I know a long time ago I was slew-footed in hockey and landed on my tailbone which I remember being the start of that, but my back hasn't really been an issue for a while, soreness like today can happen to anyone.

    That is true about my elbow though, I didn't even think of it being that accident so many years ago because it hasn't seemed to bother me since, but it's exactly where the pain is. As a teenager I'd be an arrogant moron and train it anyways, first time I broke my arm I played full tackle football 3 days after....idiot haha. I'm better now at resting and realizing I can work other things instead, I want to train for a long time so I need to be smart about it now....you got more wisdom than me in that area :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "you got more wisdom than me in that area"

    If that were true, I wouldn't have risked overtraining again! Guess I'm going through my arrogant teenager phase...

    But I wouldn't even think of getting out of bed with a broken arm, let alone play a rough sport. What were you thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah I do not remember, I know I was in grade 5, so that may say something. I never forget myself sprinting down the field with the football in one arm, and other arm barely moving because it was limited by the sling and cast.

    ReplyDelete