Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Upper body


Decided to test my elbow a bit more before my doctors appointment, feels weird having such a light week but at the same time I do not mind.

Alternate Sets
Incline DB Flies - 10, 10, 10........35s, 40s, 45s
Cable Rope Shrugs - 3x10.........100

Lateral Holds - 3xmax time at 15 lb dumbbells
Rope Straight Arm Pulldowns - 10, 10, 10........80, 90, 100

Pushups - 3x20

The first 4 exercises were like before, don't involve much of an arm bend.  The flies and shrugs felt fine, the lateral holds actually bothered my old wrist injury more than my elbow (but not much).  The straight arm pulldown were done with the rope and kneeling meaning a greater range of motion, so the weight I was able to use was less, I was however able to challenge myself on all of these.  The pushups were the first time I have done anything that involves elbow bends not counting when I show a client a exericise.  None of the sets were to failure, but I could feel my elbow, not a lot though and it went away pretty quickly after I stopped.  That's a good sign, but 3x20 for pushups isn't exactly maxing myself out so I don't know how much of a test it is for my elbow, I'm curious as to what the doctor will say tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Why are you trying to stress your elbow out before you go to the doctor? You're more stubborn than me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol very possible, just testing to see if it's still bothering me.....my experience with doctors is usually the following

    Me: It seems to hurt when I do......
    Doctor - Then don't do..... for a while

    Thanks, I know that but I'd like to know what exactyl I did to hurt it, luckily I'm seeing a sports medicine doctor and they are usually better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It takes years of medical training to gain that insight!

    ReplyDelete