Saturday, September 10, 2011

High rep crap


Yet another day in my squat and deadlift day, today was very light and high repetitions.  My back was feeling good but still a little sore, I could feel it throughout but not really that much.

For time
50 Front Squats - 135
100 Deadlifts - 135
Time: 25:37

That's all for today, so obviously a short one but still a tough one.  The front squats started with a set of 10, not my max at that weight but didn't want to push it.  I checked and they were completed in just under 11 minutes, normally 50 front squats takes 12 minutes so even though I wasnted trying I got a faster time.  The deadlifts started with a set of 20, then many sets of 15, I just kept plugging away as my grip, hamstrings, and spinal erectors were asking me to stop.  Overall it was a tough basic routine, Monday I will try some upper body work, very lightly, and if possible rest my back and legs, they need it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've only done deadlifts and squats this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, they didn't touch my elbow but work a hell of a lot of muscle groups between the 2 so I thought while I protect my elbow I can still get good bang for my buck workouts at the gym.

    ReplyDelete