Saturday, September 24, 2011

Legs


Got back into a good workout today, just legs so it leave my elbow untouched but felt like hitting my legs hard as I didn't really touch them the past week (and not much else).  That usually means I will be sore.

Warm up
Front Squats
95x10
115x8
135x5

Superset
Front Squats - Isometric Back Squat
155x8 - 45x
175x6 - 45
185x5 - 65
185x5 - 65
185x5 - 65

Assisted Pistol Squats - Grey band - 5 reps, black band - 5, 5, 5, 5

Felt amazing to get a good workout in again.  There is no time for the isometric back squat as I didn't count, just held it as long as I could, I also decided to up the weight from just the bar for the last 3 sets, I wanted to keep it relatively light though.  That part really hurt and became mental to do the last set, my legs didn't feel to have the same jump, probably from the week off they took but it still felt great.  The pistol squats were done by the regular pullup bar, which I realized it basically the same height as the one by the power cage.  I have used the blue band for those but my legs felt very heavy after the first bit so the black band was sufficiently hard for 5 per leg, the grey didn't even feel easy.  Glad to be back!

4 comments:

  1. Can you show me how to set up the assisted pistol squats with a band some time, please? I've been planning on trying these but the only way I've seen them "assisted" is by holding onto something - like a chair or the upright bar of, say, the squat cage - to help me balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem, I was actually going to program them in yesterday but wanted your hip to heal first. Based on your weight, leg strength and improved balance you will probably be pretty good at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Of those three, I think balance is still a problem, although that might just be crappy coordination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh balance and coordination are different things. For the most part your balance is pretty good, coordination is just a tad different...

    ReplyDelete