Friday, September 16, 2011

Legs


Busy busy day today, but did have time for a quick workout.  I did pause front squats again, last time getting to 205 barely, today went well.

Pause Front Squats
95x10 (normal style)
135x2
155x2
175x2
195x2
205x2
215x2
225x2

Natural Glute Ham Raises - 4xmax reps........10, 8, 7, 7

Wow a 20 pound improvement, last time I also wrote that I barely was able to stand back up with 205, while 225 felt about the same I maybe....maybe had another 10 pounds in me.  Very happy with that, Jason spotted me on the last 2 sets, I had to tell him the style of squats I was doing otherwise he may think I was failing when I paused at the bottom.  Natural glute ham raises can be seen in the can be seen in the video below, I had kind of forgotten about them.  They hurt like a bitch though, basically a bodyweight hamstring curl, and my hamstrings were on fire.  EDIT: Hamstrings hurt like crazy today, most sore they have been in a while, I think glute ham raises are a great thing to throw back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRoYRAeXqUo&feature=related

I think I may get my elbow checked out, it's simply not improving, doesn't hurt when I am going throughout my day, but takes one set of showing someone an exercise to remind me it's there (I'm showing them with light weights too).  Next week I will try some isolation movements like flies and lateral raises, they should be fine as my elbow doesn't bend but at least I can get some upper body stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment