Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Conditioning


Decided to try a good old fashioned conditioning routine today, see how my elbow feels and try some new stuff.

5 Rounds for time
4 KB Squat Cleans - 20 kg
6 Burpees
8 Over the Box Jumps (4 per side) - 30 inches
10 Ball Slams - 20 lb med ball
Time - 15:12

Treadmill sprints - I didn't keep track of how many I did or for how long, just tried to max out each time, damn these were hard, ended with incline 7.5 at 11 mph for about 30seconds.

Bike 1.5, resistance 10 - 5:32

I was a puddle of sweat after this.  The first part was tough, and I was happy that my elbow didn't feel a thing, my time feels a tad slow but this is my first real conditioning thing in a bit.  The death by deadlifts left my back sore but the squat cleans with the kettlebells were the only exercise where I kind of felt that.  The spirnts, as mentioned were hard, I probably had the gyms attention nearly maxing out the treadmill with an incline, ya it sucked the wind out of me.  The treadmill (which I almost never use) had heart rate monitors so I decided to check it what it got to, 190 by the end of the sprint, that's closing in on heart attack territory.  The bike ride was a last minute thing to kill some time, got my lungs and legs, felt great.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I usually end up copying your training, but I draw the line at cardiac arrest!

    ReplyDelete