Friday, September 30, 2011

Conditioning


Conditioning day again, I don't normally do 2 in a row but I am house sitting for my client again and like using her basement workout stuff, so I created a nasty and horribly decieving one.

8 Rounds for time
8 Burpees
8 Hang Squat Cleans - 110 (fat bar)
8 Back Squats - 135 (from ground)
Time: 40:02

Son of a bitch that was tough I was a sweaty mess after round 2.  I say decieving because I was surprised at howquickly it hurt.  The easier was burpees, technically never broken but turned into slow motion.  The hang squat cleans were the hardest, the fat bar made it harder anyways.  I actually thought the bar weighed 90 when I went down there but quickly learned it weighed 110, heavier than I was planning but they don't have another bar (all these are pre-loaded) so I was stuck, ah well.  The back squats were done from the ground because they also do not have a power cage or squat stand.  That made a big difference, much bigger than I thought it would.  The power clean, then from the front rack position to getting it on my back, and then reversing that at the end, I made sure I rested long enough before so I didn't have to break these up.  I did feel my elbow during the workout, having to move 135 from the front to back requires a little push press but gladly I only felt it a bit, and went away right after, good sign and great workout!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, what the hell does that photo have to do with training? This one's tenuous, even for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looked sweaty....workout related lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good enough excuse for me! Not sure they're real, though...

    ReplyDelete