Sunday, October 14, 2012

Upper Push


My legs are painfully sore.  Thursday was my leg day, which was tough in it's own right, but then yesterday I went on a hike that ended up being 3.5 hours long, most likely covering over 10km.  So today they are simply useless, very sore and stiff especially my hamtrings.  Oh well on to a upper push day.

Rack Bench Press
205x5
225x5
245x3
265x3
275x3

Superset
Incline DB Bench Press - 60sx10, 65sx10, 70sx10
Dips - 12, 9, 8

TRX Flies - 8, 8, 9

TRX Tricep Extensions - 3x10

I haven't done rack bench press in a while, 275 for a triple is the most I have ever done, but that was only once and I did try on occasions after that to match but couldn't.  So I am pleased I was able to match my pr on a lift that I haven't done in several months, maybe even a year as it was around this time I think that my elbow got injured, maybe even over a year now, and I haven't been doing as much heavy chest work until the last few months.  I took a video of the last 4 sets on that exercise and the trx flies, I mainly wanted to check my depth on there and see how my form looks.  I go deeper than I thought but maybe bend my elbows too much.  Here is a video of how they should look;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoPzZhNVTPk

And here is my video (this is set number 2);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsIakpfT24&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1&feature=plcp

So not too bad actually.  I have no clue why I did 9 on the last set, must have felt inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment