Saturday, October 20, 2012

Legs and power


Leg and power day, starting with both full oly exercises.

Power Snatch (resetting)
95x5
115x3
135x3
135x3
145x3
145x3

Clean and Jerk
135x3
155x2
185x2
195x1
205x1
215x1

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time
Right Leg Bulgarian Split Squats - 95
Left Leg Bulgarian Split Squats - 95
Time: 11:35

Lets start with the first two, I felt good on the power snatches today, got good explosion and power and while 145 is the most I have ever power snatched before, I don't think it's my one rep max if I can do two sets of 3 with it.  I took short rests and reset each time, sometimes over 10 seconds.  The clean and jerks were all squat cleans and split jerks, focussing on max speed at the beginning and deciding to get a little heavy.  Based on how heavy 215 felt I know my 1RM is no longer 245, but being I barely go for that on those lifts anymore it's no surprise, if I decide one day to work on that again I know it'll come back quick it usually does.  The last thing, holy fuck did that hurt a rediculous amount.  I actually did that a long time ago and today was exactly 2 minutes faster, and last time I only did some lunges before it today I did several sets of snatches and squat clean and jerks.  I did the sets of 10 and 9 before I even set the bar down, I only did multiple sets again when I got to the sets of 3 where I finished it off.  That hurt so bad I thought my legs were going to give out, my lungs were screaming and after I racked the weight I could barely use my legs.  The drive home was agony my right leg was cramping the entire ride home from being in the seated position, but because it was my right I obviously had to keep it bent.  It was horribly painful but awesome, happy with greatly improved time.

No comments:

Post a Comment