Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Legs


Apparently exercise is a good ailment to not feeling well.  I had an annoying stomach ache going into the workout, and of course today was legs which hurt enough on there own.  Oddly it went away pretty quick, not during the warmup but during when I started adding weights.  This was also a very different kind of leg workout.

Single Leg Deadlift (touch and go)
95x5
135x5
155x5
175x5

R-Band Pistol Squats - 4x5 (changed grip on band to make it harder as sets went on)

100 Squats (broken into 30-30-25-15)

Alternate Sets
Leg Extension - 140x12, 155x12, 12
Hamstring Curl - 70x12, 80x12, 12

My legs were very swollen after this, the last two parts were especially responsible for this.  I didn't go heavy on conventional deadlifts, back squats, front squats, or anything like that.  I went heavy on two single leg movements (pistols are only heavy because I suck balls at those) and then jacked the reps up and got the blood flowing.  It hurt and I'd be surprised if I wasn't sore tomorrow, only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. You're setting new standards for blog post pictures!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I found one of Foucher as well, this one looked better.

    ReplyDelete