Monday, June 11, 2012

Upper and mobility

Elisabeth Akinwale

This workout was actually done yesterday just never got around to updating my blog.  I was more stiff than sore anywhere, so I did a little upper body work followed by roughly 25 minutes of mobility and stretching.  This is something people usually wait till they get injured to do, and some of my clients especially seem to need me add it to our session or they are incapable of stretching, oh well they'll learn.

Dips - 15, 15, 13

Inverted Rows - 15, 14, 12

3 Rounds for time
10 Neutral Grip Pullups
20 Pushups
Time: 5:48

Mobility work included long stretches for my hip flexors, groin, glutes, IT band, hamstrings, calves, lats and middle to upper back, also some foam rolling for my IT band, hamstrings and erector spinae.

While I did try to move at a decent pace for the timed portion, I wasn't stressing too much over how fast I was.  I felt much better when this was over the stiffness (mostly in back from cleans) was more or less gone.

1 comment:

  1. I could use a session or two where you show me how to do some mobility and stretches, both pre- and post-workout.

    ReplyDelete