Monday, June 25, 2012

Legs

Welcome to Toronto

For some weird reason my right glute is sore, not sure why only my left.  I know on the military press when you struggle your body on instinct tightens up all over, especially your glutes, I didn't think that'd be as true on handstand pushups but I got no other reason for my one glute to be sore, oh well I can still manage a leg day.

Hamstring Curl - 70x10, 80x10, 90x10

Front Squats
135x5
155x5
175x5
195x5
215x3
235x3
250x3 (pr)

Superset
Leg Extension - 140x10, 170x10, 200x10
DB Travelling Lunges - 3x6 (per leg) with 50s

Ahh that's a painful leg day, mentally and physically.  I wasn't even sure if I was going to go for a heavy weight on the front squat, other than the squat clean no other lift requires more mental preparation from me.  But when I start I go all out, doing many many sets.  I started with 5 reps and part way through decided to drop to 3 as I wanted to test my strength a bit.  I kept making big jumps but when I hit 235 I knew it was close.  I remembered my 3rm is 245, so why not go for a pr.  I admit going into the 250 lift I was doubting myself, which is a huge mistake, but I psyched myself up and while my elbows probably did drop a tad I am pleased with the pr.  The second part was one painful superset my legs nearly gave out several times on the lunges.  Good leg workout!

2 comments:

  1. Who's the poor sap in the picture who got traded to the Leafs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pfft only the lucky get traded to the leafs, and that's james van reimsdyk

    ReplyDelete