Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Full Body

Azadeh Boroumand

Some full body work today.

Sumo Deadlifts
225x5
275x5
Cluster Sets....5-4-3-2-1, 15 seconds rest between, 2 sets completed at 315

Single Arm DB Row
75x6
80x6
85x6
85x6

Decline Bench Press
130x10
180x8
200x6
220x5

That cluster set technique was something I did a while ago, it's simple but if you aren't familiar with cluster sets it may look confusing.  You do 5 reps, rest 15 seconds, do 4 reps, rest 15 second, 3 reps...and so on till you end at one, that is one set of which I did two of.  The reason for this, and most cluster, is the short rest allows the body to just partially recover enough so you can get more reps within that 'set' than you normally could with that weight, so it kind of tricks the body.  I technically was doing 15 reps at 315 in one set, which I can't technically do traditionally, but this technique allows it.  Having said that, when I did this before it was one of the few times I cut a program short because this technique was so grueling.  Back then I did it with 225 conventional (wayy weaker than I am now) and hated it.  Today I wondered if 315 would be too heavy, turns out it was just right because this hurt like hell.  On exercises like deadlifts and squats, this technique just blows it's very painful my glutes and hamstrings were killing me, it's only effective if you pick the right weight....if you do you'll know because you just barely....and I mean barely are able to finish, 2 sets is enough for this style.  The bench press was done with the 40 pound bar, hence the odd looking numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment