Thursday, June 7, 2012

Full Body

Jerry Tevers
Today was definately a feel good day, below is why.

Squat Clean and Jerk (resetting)
135x2
155x2
175x2
195x2
205x2

LB Back Squat
185x5
225x3
255x3
275x3
295x2
315x2

Mixed Grip Pullups - 12, 10, 8, 8

I haven't been going heavy on cleans as much lately, trying to focus a bit more on snatches, buut heavy cleans can still be fun.  I didn't feel like I had the same pop but I was happy to get up to 205 after not really going too heavy on them anymore.  The clean portion this time was harder than the jerk, which after the at 135 I used the split for all sets.  The 205 was close on the clean but not really the jerk portion.  The back squats was the feel good moment.  Last time I went for a heavy weight I got 315 but only for one rep, I did try a second but failed and had to place it on the safeties.  Today the 315 went up for a double nicely, it was heavy but completed with good form.  Again because it was low bar I just need to break parallel, I had a client video the last set so when he sends the video I'll post it to my youtube.  The other reason I was happy with the lift was this wasn't done fresh, it was done after heavy squat cleans, and yesterday I did higher reps of romanian deads so my hamstrings are pretty sore.  I'm very glad with the pr, good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment