Saturday, May 5, 2012

Power


Decided to work on some power stuff today, nothing too intense metabolic wise or even muscle fatigue wise, just power.

Split Snatch
95x3
115x3
135x2
145x1
155x0x1
160x1 (pr)

Push Jerk
135x3
155x3
175x3
195x3
205x3

The video above shows the last set of push jerks at 205, slightly odd angle but I was just using my cell phone and not camera.  This is one of the last exercises I worry about bothering my elbow when going heavy, and for the most part it was fine.  I say most part because I did feel it a bit, but I always do when doing this exercise, it's just not a elbow (or joint) friendly exercise, as the bar is to be caught with locked arms.  This is also a pr for 3 reps, my one rep max on push jerks is 215 so I am pretty happy I was able to do with after not going heavier than 135 in months.  The final rep I nearly lost it but kept it controlled enough to complete the set of 3.  The split snatches is also a pr by 5 pounds, the failed attempt at 155 is only because it hit my knees and slowed down too much.  Once again, this most likely would be a successful lift in a crossfit competition, but for olympic lifting....I'm not sure but don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment