Thursday, May 17, 2012

Legs

Michelle Letendre
Leg day, a painful one as my hamstrings are still very sore, so only quad dominant exercises.

Lunges
115x5
135x5
145x5
155x5
165x5

For time
40 HB Back Squats - 185
8:13

R-Band Pistol Squats - black band, 3x5 per leg

That one really hurt, the lunges took more out of my legs than I had predicted, but the timed portion really hurt, all reps were hamstring to calf nothing else.  After it was done my legs barely had any go for the pistol squats, high rep back squats simply suck in in every sense of it.

5 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've stolen one of your workouts, but it's about time I did a really tough leg day, so I'll be scaling this on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, buut when someone does my workouts I expect them to do it the same, so the back squats would have to be hamstring to calf or they don't count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the plan. I'm thinking of using 125lb - too heavy? Also, I'll probably start the lunges at 85lb, or is that too light?

      Delete
  3. I would say a little too light at 125, but I made up the weight I picked. Pick a weight where you could maybe get 10 reps on the first set only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to rethink my workout this morning because Eric was doing a crazy number of squats at the corner rack. The other one was being used, too.

      Delete