Sunday, May 6, 2012

Legs


Lets do some front squats

Hamstring Curl - 70x10-10, 90x10

Front Squats
135x5
165x3
185x3
205x3
225x3
245x3
265x1
275x1 (pr)

Tension Back Squats
135x8
155x8
155x8
155x8

Not sure whether or not I was going to go for a new 1RM, right around the 200 pound mark I decided I would.  I made slightly larger jumps this time so I could get up to weight quicker and not waste too many sets on the lighter weights.  I approached 265 and after the left felt confident it seemed to go up quicker than before, as it was my current 1RM.  I decided to go for a pr, something that is very difficult on front squats for me as I have done them more than any other quad dominant leg exercise out there.  I have tried 275 before, I literally went straight down, didn't even have the strength to come up an inch.  This 275 was close, but still completed with full range of motion, which makes me happy.  The tension back squats are kind of obvious, you never fully stand up so you keep that tension on the legs, less weight required but they burned.

The last 3 sets of the front squats can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0dxl9Mw5oE&feature=plcp

3 comments:

  1. 100lb more than my front squat 1rm! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks, it was a long time coming for that 275.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women are usually not paying much attention to weights and bodybuilding. In fact, many women are not interested in this aspect at all. There is nothing remiss about this. Women are more focused on flat stomachs and toned legs, than having impressive biceps.

    Fitness equipment Canada

    ReplyDelete