Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fran


I wasn't planning on working out today, but got inspired after watching the crossfit regionals live.  So decided to tackle what some call the hardest mental crossfit workout there is, fran.  There isn't much special about the workout, but the light weights make it a sprint style workout, but 90 total reps performed at a sprint pace can do some damage, I had been putting off doing the workout for a bit, so even with my cough, I gave it a shot.

'Fran'
21-15-9 reps for time
Thrusters - 95
Kipping Pullups
Time: 6:50

Although I have completed workouts way heavier than this and way longer than this, I don't recall the last time I felt so much pain upon the finishing of this workout.  I have a video of the entire thing, and the pain I felt is somewhat evident.  After the last pullup I was down, but got up, gave my usual thumbs up to the camera and shut it off, what it doesn't show is me going and lying down for what 5 to 10 minutes afterwards while the room spun.  The room started spinning for the entire last round, I just did my best to ignore it.  I don't even know why it hurt so bad, but my legs built up with lactic acid quick, and my grip was losing power, but my heart was beating out of my chest.  I had a coughing fit the entire car ride home.  It was a pure mental attack, knowing what some people can get on this I wanted to leave nothing left, and I did that I feel, it left me done, just under 7 minutes of work and I was simply done....what the shit is that?  I doubt I'll be sore anywhere, and this is the first time I called it quits after such a short workout, but wow, what a fitness test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0IoHYObKg4&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1&feature=plcp

1 comment: