Monday, May 21, 2012

Leg ish


Didn't want to be inside much today, so decided to just do a very quick workout that would fatigue me.

Death by Power Snatch - 115
8 Rounds completed plus 4 extra

Superset
HB Back Squat - 185x3, 205x3, 225x3
LB Back Squat - 185x3, 205x3, 225x3

That first part was how every 'death by' is, easy as hell at the beginning then it gets hard fast, real fast.  I wanted a weight that isn't light, but isn't heavy either, 115 fit the bill perfectly.  I remained unbroken on the reps on round 1 through 6, but on the round of 7 I needed to break them, and when they start being broken you know you aren't going to last much longer.  I just barely completed the 8th rep in the minute, and barely even got 4 the last bit there, but my legs and lungs were feeling it.  The second part was kind of a test, I've done that kind of thing with front squats and HB back squats, so I wanted to try this.  I will probably try it again as the pairing seemed to work, I then went for a nice hike, good holidays Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the death by power snatches. I'd already planned on doing a death by power *cleans* routine tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What weight will you be doing? I did death by power cleans at 135 back in september and got 9 completed rounds plus 4 additional reps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was torn between 115 and 125, but if you went for 135 I might opt for the lighter of the two weights. Even then, 9 completed round might be a bit of a challenge once my breathing gets hard.

    ReplyDelete