Thursday, February 2, 2012

Full Body

I can't even remember her name right now

Some snatches and what not today, fun day.

Split Snatch
95x3
115x3
125x2
135x1
145x1
155x1
155x1

Back Squats
135x10
155x10
175x10
195x10
205x10

Bar Muscle Up practise

Overall the snatches felt pretty good, a video will be uploaded shortly to my youtube channel at both sets at 155, I honestly do not know if they would count in a legal competition, I know the split stance is fine, but I thought I felt a pressout, in the video it's harder to tell.  The last set of back squats was really close for 10, all reps were hamstring to calf, last time I only got 195 for 10.  The bar muscle ups started ugly, they aren't easy, but once I switched to a full grip they got better.  Whenever I do pullups I use a false grip, meaning my thumb isn't wrapped around the bar, so I instinctively did that at the beginning, once I wrapped my thumb around the bar the transition from pullup to bar dip became easier, while still hard.  In the end I managed 6 or so reps, only trying between the sets of back squats, it's a good tool to be able to master for my arsenal.

3 comments: