Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Legs


(workout done day prior)
Good old fashioned squat and deadlift day, wanting to try a new version of front squats

Front Squats - 1 1/2 reps
135x3
155x3
165x3
175x3
185x3

Sumo Deadlifts
225x2
275x2
315x2
345x2
375x2
405x2

That's it, a really like the simplicity of these workouts.  1 1/2 reps for the front are easy to explain, I shouuld have taken a video of my last set, but here is a gentleman doing the same thing but with back squats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw0mKPC31nk

They were very hard I was surprised how heavy 185 felt, makes the quads hurt more than I thought they would.  The came deadlifts with a sumo stance, in my head I wanted 405 for 2, thinking that may be pushing it, but I kept wanted to try.  I made bigger jumps than usual, the last one being 30 pounds, but I got it, 405 for 2 reps.  A video of the last lift is on my youtube channel, more or less happy with form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhDG6WSKg3Q&list=UUY76daDPRwJx9guouwnll4A&index=1&feature=plcp

Why is it that in the video the lift looks so much easier than how it felt, ah well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure those one and a half rep squats are tougher than this guys makes them look, especially at the speed he was moving. Fast continuous squats like you had me do on Saturday were hard enough! Can't imagine I'd be able to keep hold of the bar with front squats (although, as we found out, my grip with back squats ain't great, either.)

    ReplyDelete