Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Legs


Legs today, and a newish exercise.

Partial Front Squats (10 holes)
135x3
185x3
205x3
225x3
245x3
265x2

For time
30 Back Squats - 185
Time: 6:50

Not be confused with rack front squats, where you start at the bottom and stand up, partials you start from the top, as with any kind of squat, and squat down till the bar touches the safeties.  I actually decided to do it because my one client did it last week, and figured I'd give it a try.  He went to 10 holes, and he's almost a foot shorter than me, but I decided to do 10 holes as well making it harder.  I enjoyed it, 265 is my 1rm, and while I tried three the bar didn't even budge an inch for the 3 rep.  The back squat thing I maybe overpaced and could have gotten a quicker time, but I'll know better for next time, good quick and simple leg routine.  For reference sake, the back squats were high bar and hamstring to calf.

On a side note, this video is just pure awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVbMVvMj9M

3 comments:

  1. When I did my partial front squat routine it was because I didn't feel like I was flexible enough to do a full range of motion on that day. As you noted, 10 holes to you gives a different depth than it does to me; how close to parallel is this for you? Even at 10 holes I was way above parallel.

    That's a great video. I wish I could complete my workout that quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well on december 17 i did rack front squats at 11 holes, where there is a video of on my youtube, it looks just about parallel there, so this was probably right at parallel, i didnt really mind the depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your video, which is why I tried them last week.

      Delete