Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Full Body



Decided to revisit an old strength style routine, where each set is timed, I've done that with squats and deads and clean, this time was the squat clean one, 5 reps at each set.

The time in brackets was my older times.

Squat Cleans (for time)
135 - 18 seconds (19 seconds)
155 - 21 seconds (26 seconds)
175 - 27 seconds (32 seconds)
185 - 42 seconds (1:08)
205 - 3:48 (5:11)

Superset
Cable Flies- 40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 70x7
Cable Bench Press - 40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 70x4

I am very pleased with those times, the set at 135 is basically the same, but really how fast could I go they were all touch and go.  I pushed it more this time, the sets at 155 and 175 were all touch and go as well.  The set at 185 was all resetting last time, this time was touch and go for 3, then 2, so that makes up for the better time.  The set at 205 was the real challenge, both times all sets were dump and reset, but last time I failed 2 so I knew if I could correct that I'd be better.  I still failed a rep, but only one and I was much faster, very pleased with that it shows my squat clean has improved a lot, which is good.  Damn that 205 feels heavy.

4 comments:

  1. Bloody hell. So you jumped 10lb from 175lb to 185lb, then 20lb to 205lb? I'm not surprised 205 felt heavy! Have I done anything similar to this? I searched my blog and can't find anything, but I'm assuming your memory is more efficient than Google. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh when I did this last time I only made the jump because I wanted to do over 200 pounds, so clearly an ego thing. No you haven't done this before, it would be tough but you have gotten better at going heavier on squat cleans, instead of doing a power clean then front squat. If you do try, reps only count that are true squat clean, any power cleans into front squats would be a failed rep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did squat cleans today (not timed) and was strict on the single, continuous movement. I was doing fine until some dick decided to talk to me while I was addressing the bar!

      Delete
  3. hah that would be glyn, I saw the video in your blog, he's a nice man but doesnt have a real intensity to his workouts. They are laid back, so I think he assumes everyone else's is too.

    ReplyDelete