Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Full Body


Decided to try that clean complex again that I did back on October 20th and see if I can hit a higher number, back then I got up too 205.

Clean Complex
1 Power Clean+3 front squats+1 Squat Clean
135
155
175
195
215

Power Snatch
95x3
115x3
125x3
135x2
140x1
145x0x1 (pressout)

Hollow Rocks - 3x15........15, 15, 15, 12

That's an improvement on not only the weight I used but how long I waited before doing the squat clean (you dump the bar after the last front squat, then get set for the squat clean).  At 205 I actually walked about 15 feet away and then came right back and did the lift, this time I stayed with the bar and did the squat clean quicker, and with 10 more pounds.  My form was iffy but I could feel my olympic lifting had improved, the power clean portion was easythe front squats were slow but the squat clean takes some damn mental toughness to get under that bar, that one really hurt.  I then wanted to see if I could match my snatch max when I don't start with them, turns out not really.  145 is my max (which I started with in that workout) and while I got did 145 after a failed attempt, it was a definite pressout which some see as a failed rep, others don't, I'm undecided but it wasn't like the last time I got 145.  Hollow rocks are pictured above, and they are harder than I thought, my abs simply gave out on the last set, overall good workout.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about your ab fat. You've really let yourself go. :-)

    ReplyDelete