Thursday, December 1, 2011

Full Body


I am a really indecisive person sometimes, snatch deadlifts and split jerks were in my head today, and that stayed the same, but pr's were not, that changed as I went for it on both.

Snatch Grip Deadlift
185x3
225x3
255x3
275x3
295x3 (pr)
315x3 (pr)

Split Jerk
135x3
155x3
175x2
195x1
215x1
235x1
245x1
255x1 (pr!!)

My old pr on snatch grip deadlifts was 275, so that appears to be a massive pr, but this one is different because I used straps.  The snatch grip doesn't really allow a mixed grip so I might as well use straps, I was surprised at how 'light' the set at 275 was in comparison to before (which there is a video of).  I was happy with my form too, the above video is the last set.  The split jerks made me more happy, and this is where I changed my mind more.  I was maybe going to do heavy doubles, but after the set at 175 I decided it was time to see if I can hit a pr, so I made that decision pretty quickly.  My old pr is 250, my new pr is 255, and I do have a video which will be on my youtube very shortly.  Awesome heavy workout!

Good timing, this article was posted today, felt it was worth posting here.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_snatch_grip_deadlift

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit - that's a big PR jump for the deadlifts! Good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the straps make a difference for sure though.

    ReplyDelete