Friday, November 18, 2011

Full Body


Didn't go for max weight today but good workout nonetheless.

Push Jerk
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x5

Deadlifts (reset each time)
135x10
185x10
225x5
255x5
275x5
295x5
315x5

Weighted Situps (feel not anchored)
25x10
30x10
35x10
40x10

I am very surprised I was able to do 185 for 5 unbroken push jerks, yes I know there was some pressouts but I was still happy with it.  The deadlifts went even better, this to me is proof my max has gone up.  I heard before by a professional that resetting each time is the best way to do deadlifts, I'm not saying I'll never do touch and go again but resetting is a preferred method.  The sets at 135 and 185 were touch and go but more warmups, the rest were all resetting.  315 for 5 reps, all from the stop position on the ground is pretty good for me, makes lots of noise but I was happy with that.  Weighted situps was again to throw some ab work into my workouts.  I placed one dumbbell, the flat end on my chest, never moving the dumbbell forwards or down, and because I had to hold the dumbbell in place I never used my arms as momemtum to start the pull.  Overall good workout!

5 comments:

  1. Why i resetting better than touch and go? Does it just mean you have a mini-rest so it enables you to do more reps at heavy weights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear god no lol, it's wayyyyy harder than touch and go. Touch and go allows you to lift more weight for reps as you are in a different position and can use the bounce from the ground. Here is the best descrition of it by the same individual who showed you that one clean grip.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rKvoLu5Isk

    While the whole video is good to watch, but if you want to hear him discuss touch and go vs resetting go to 3:50.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 sit-ups with 40lb? That's just fucking embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's oddly one of those things I am good at, 100 situps for time though....a different story.

    ReplyDelete