Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Full Body


Today was a change my mind in the middle of the workout kind of day.  I realize that to go for a true 1RM, I need to use the split jerk, the push jerk is not my strength (like many others).  The first many sets I used a push jerk, and was going to stop once I hit my max.  After the set of 215 I was feeling good so I decided to go for a pr, so I switched to a split jerk.

Power Clean and Push Jerk
135x3
155x3
175x2
195x1
205x1
215x1

Power Clean and Split Jerk
225x1
235x1 (pr)
245x1 (pr)

Alternate Sets
Weighted Situps - 10, 10, 10, 10...........30, 35, 40, 45
Pushups - 4xrelative max reps........30, 25, 20, 15

The video is the last set of the power clean and split jerks.  I don't really know what my right leg did there, it kind of darted out which I wasn't happy with, I need to work on straight power cleans more often.  The split jerk I felt strong on, and as you can see I kind of chased forwards a bit but I still held that lockout.  This isn't a pr on the split jerk, that is 250, but this is a power clean pr, which I am happy with (despite lackluster form).  This is ties the most weight I have gotten from ground to shoulder as I have also squat cleaned 245, either way I am happy with that lift despite the iffy power clean form.  The situps I liked last time I decided to go up again, having the 45 pound dumbbell on my chest was less than comfortable, and the last few reps were slow moving but completed.  The pushups felt good, most sets I maybe could have gotten a few more but I'm looking for steady progress here.  Good workout!

2 comments:

  1. Not bad on the weighted situps - bloody hell! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last 3 reps of the last set were slow....probably 5 seconds to get up for each.

    ReplyDelete